For most people its nutrition that puts road blocks in their way of success. They can motivate themselves to get up and get moving, get to the gym (Next Level!), and get in that workout (rock out burpees). All that hard work is undone by bad food choices, temptations, and more.
“No fitness plan can out run bad nutrition”
When people start talking to me about the last 15months I always get asked “what do you eat?” So here are some examples for everyone:
Breakfast (typically eat around 6am):
- Egg white omelet or fresh egg omelet with veggies and Mozz cheese stick
- Oatmeal with Cinnamon and Fresh fruit
- Whole Wheat Waffles (I like Van’s brands not to much crap in them and good taste) along with fresh fruit and 2 slices of turkey bacon
- Egg sandwich with Arnolds flat bread and turkey bacon or sausage and Mozz cheese stick.
- Protein drink/smoothie and almonds
Snack (typically about 10am):
- Almonds – 100 calorie pack
- Greek yogurt
- Carrots and cheese stick
Lunch (around Noon):
- Salad with veggies, grilled chicken – maybe hardboiled egg, and homemade dressing
- Light Tuna with 1tbsp of mayo served on sliced cucumbers with cottage cheese
- Grilled chicken 3oz, cottage cheese and piece of fruit – in season
- Grilled chicken wrap – with mustard, roasted red pepper, and spinach. with cottage cheese or Greek yogurt.
- Grilled portabella sandwich
Snack (around 2-3pm)
- Protein drink or protein smoothie with cut zucchini or cukes
- Greek yogurt
- Cheese stick, turkey Pepperoni (my vice shh don’t tell steve)
Dinner (some times I eat at 5pm before bootcamp other nights I eat at 730 after bootcamp)
- Grilled chicken with brown rice
- Whole wheat pasta, with cooked ground turkey, diced tomatoes, and broccoli
- Grilled haddock with Summer squash – sprinkled with dill and grilled in a foil pocket
- Stuffed Zucchini with ground turkey and brown rice
- Pork Tenderloin with an apple salad and Zucchini fries
- Grilled steak or chicken with grilled Red potatoes
- Steak or chicken kabobs
- Cheese stick
- Frozen Greek yogurt
- Sliced banana with Teddies Peanut butter
- Blueberries and soy milk
- I like using string cheese because it’s a premeasured amount. I don’t have to waist time measuring my cheese or risk taking to much! its fast and easy – one WW cheese stick is 50 calories
- When I get home from shopping I put 2-3 slices of turkey bacon in individual ziploc freezer bags and pull them out as needed. if I had to get out an entire pound of bacon and cook it – I would eat it. ALL
- I have 100 calorie packs of almonds stashed everywhere so that if I get hungry I can eat
- I freeze Hershey kiss and take one out at a time as I need it.
I plan my meals out for the week. It allows me to unfreeze meats, and not stand in front of the fridge each night wasting time saying “what are we going to eat?” If I know what I am going to eat I know if I have room for more food during the day.