- To start with I lost over 33 pounds (it would have been more but Christmas cookies are my weakness). I have lost over 15% of fat in 2011 alone, and over 32% since I started.
- I am down over 2 sizes this year, depending on the brand 3 sizes
- I participated in running events (something I had never done before). On News years Day 2011 I ran 2 miles and it took me 30 minutes, by the boilermaker 5K I ran it in 30:17! In August I did my first 10K in 68minutes but improved on that time by the October run in Oneonta finishing in 62 minutes.
- I improved my confidence in myself, enough to go on a real vacation that requires wearing lot less then jeans and sweatshirts. Three Night cruise in the Bahamas, bathing suit on the beach, sleeveless dress – prior years this would have been my worse nightmare
- I did big girl push ups just last week. This is huge. My push ups were so sad when I started. Honestly I don’t think you could even call them push ups. Here my MVBW profile.
It really shows the difference in not only my appearance but my abilities. I am now swinging the big green KB, and going overhead with way heavier then what is in that video.2012
Someone I went to college with told that “Dreams are for sleeping” and 10 years later that has stuck with me. I am not dreaming about 2012, I am outlining what I plan to achieve.
- Hit the 100 pounds lost mark
- Hit my target weigh that I have been aiming for
- Be a size 6 (a lot different then a size 22)
- Run the boilermaker 15K and maybe a half marathon
- Master Big girl pushups!
- Work my ass off
- Overcome my fear of heights at Adirondack Extreme
- Climb Mt. Marcy
- Be in control of food (in other words not let Christmas cookies have more power then me)
- Start 2013 off without talking about losing weight.